The Writer

My photo
Iceland
Had fun alliterating my way through the alphabet, twice. Aspirations to become a writer one day, poems will suffice for the moment.

Sunday, April 5, 2015

D is for Demo. A-Z Challenge 2015



Demo#1

Demolished by the people
around her
there‘s no place to hide
having an affair
thinking what she should decide
cannot breathe clearly
through this air.

Easy fix, quick save
a rocky road to the grave
a shorter life, complete numbness.

Drove the car off a cliff
crash and burn
hopeless death.
No misses, no regrets
no broken hearts
with the rest.
Among these broken souls
she‘s flying.


~This was written in my youth, one of the first poems I wrote.
(And no I had not seen Thelma and Louise when I wrote this!)
-Miss Bates.

3 comments:

  1. I love poetry. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling that it's sad to feel so lost that that is the only way out. Is it youth that brings that feeling on or is it just not knowing how to cope with the complexities of relationships? Good title. Sad theme. Thank you so much for sharing your younger soul. New reader #atozbloggingchallenge amybovaird.com
    Amy

    ReplyDelete




Feel inclined to indulge in words that intrigue.