The Writer

My photo
Iceland
Had fun alliterating my way through the alphabet, twice. Aspirations to become a writer one day, poems will suffice for the moment.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Wrap-It-Up. A-Z Challenge 2014


Wrap-It-Up Challenge Time!

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z.

Abnegation breezed courageously,
demoting energetic freethinkers.
Ghastly howlers 
intertwine joyously.
Kismet lingers momentarily,
now over-with.
Prefigured quietus ravages
seraphic taction.
Ultroneous vagility whilom
 xeransis, yoicks zappily.

here are some of the strange words I used;
quietus: discharge from life, extinction, death, silencing
seraphic: serene, blissful, angelic
taction: contact, touch
ultroneous: spontaneous, voluntary
vagility: ability to succeed in the struggle for existence
whilom: formerly, once
xeransis: drying up
yoicks: expression of surprise or excitement
zappily: lively, entertaining

---
Special Thanks;
for always being there. Superb friend and always a treat to follow her life around.
Thank you for making the Phrontistery; dictionary with obscure words, free and available.
(I didn't even manage to use 1/4th of the words he has hidden away in this gem of a find.)
And of course, 
Big thanks to all you who commented and kept tuned for the whole Challenge.
I hope you enjoyed the challenge as much as I did.

-Miss Bates.

2 comments:

  1. You did it - congratulations. Your zappily theme was a source of many yoicks for me this year - Remember to post a link to this post in the Blogging from the A-Z challenge's reflections/wrap up posts link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Bates - I saw your posts but never got to stop off .. now I can see what they were all about and totally appreciate your idea - great tool for us to use ..

    But more importantly what a great fun find .. language I love: but I'm not very knowledgeable about it ..though have always loved etymology ...

    I'll keep this open and return to peruse your other posts .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete




Feel inclined to indulge in words that intrigue.